Pages

10.09.2012

Out of Town



This weekend, we left Cleveland and traveled to Chicago for a wedding. While there, I was able to spend some time with one of my lovely roommates, Jordi, her husband, and their son. It was relaxing and rejuvenating and wonderful. Plus, how adorable is that little guy?!

I love Chicago and, for many years, it's where I wanted to live. I still love Chicago-- the bustle of a big city, the history, the amenities, the memories that I have there-- but being there made me appreciate a few things about Cleveland even more.

1. Cleveland is the perfect size. There is so much to do and yet, it is so easy to drive to any part of the city. In Chicago, it can (and did) take an hour to travel between nearby west suburbs.

2. Cleveland has less traffic. I know I've said it before, but it's true.

3. Cleveland has an unbelievable number of locally owned restaurants. I know that they exist in Chicago too, but in Cleveland, I always seem to be right by some locally known, locally owned restaurant that I'd like to try. In Chicago, there is a Panera, Chipotle, and Noodles & Company on every street. And, even though I love those places too, I'd rather go to a quaint, independently owned place any day.

Spending a few days away from Cleveland was nice. Seeing friends was lovely and exactly what I needed. But it's also good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment