Pages

9.12.2012

Letter #2: Traffic

Dear Cleveland,

Yesterday, it took me nearly an hour to get to work. The vicious sun glare meant that traffic on the highways was backed up so much more than usual. And, honestly, as much as I appreciate a sunny morning, I was a little frustrated.

A few days ago, as I was leaving for work, I ran into two of my neighbors who I rarely see and barely know. We started chatting and they began to ask me about my job. What I do. Where I work. When I said I work downtown, they were shocked.

"You drive downtown everyday? In all that traffic?"

I nearly laughed because, well, you have so much less traffic than any major city.

The moral of the story is this: Thank you, Cleveland, for your lack of traffic. Thank you that, on a morning that takes me an hour to get to work, I feel justified in being frustrated because it usually takes no time at all.

Lets just hope not too many people discover what a gem you are and ruin it for the rest of us.


Love,

Alix

No comments:

Post a Comment