Pages

1.03.2013

Gifts


Gifts are not one of my love languages and I generally don't feel any more or less cared for based on gifts that I receive (or don't receive). But this Christmas, they were a part of what made the holiday so wonderful.

After Christmas, while verbally processing to Matt (something I often do), I realized why the gifts that I gave and received were so significant this year. It's not because I needed the things that I was given. And it's not because I wanted acknowledgement for the gifts that I bestowed. It's because gift-giving helped me to recognize that I am known and I am loved

This year, it was so evident that gifts were given with love. Thought and time were put into the creating or choosing. And because they were dwelt on, inspired by the person to whom they were given, poured over with love, they were beautiful and perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment