Pages

10.04.2012

Modern Alternative Kitchen


Today, I'm excited to announce that I'm guest posting over at Modern Alternative Kitchen

Check it out here!

I'm so excited to write for this wonderful site that is just full of interesting and helpful information. I've enjoyed reading all of the Modern Alternative blogs for a while now and it's wonderful to have an opportunity to join in on what they are doing!

Because this blog is primarily a place for me to talk about my love of Cleveland, I haven't used it to share my thoughts on many other things.

Needless to say, there are many other things I love and interests I have besides this lovely city. Some of them coincide quite well. I love coffee shops and restaurants, people watching, spending time outdoors and exploring nature, camp fires and being with friends. Some of them have to be found outside of Cleveland. My love of warm weather, travel, spending time with my parents and my youngest brother and my extended family. 

One of the things that I care about deeply is health and nutrition. I love to eat both to enjoy food and to maintain good health.

You will probably see pictures on this blog of me eating food that is horrible for me. Sometimes I fall off the bandwagon. I am not as consistent in my pursuit of health as I would like to be. But, as a general rule, I try to follow the teachings of Dr. Weston Price

Of course, most restaurants aren't in line with this type of nutrition. In fact, I don't know of ANY restaurants that are. There are so many Cleveland standards that it's difficult to strictly follow this lifestyle and still enjoy what this city has to offer. Cleveland has AMAZING restaurants and I haven't yet convinced myself to completely give them up. I just try to visit them sparingly. 

However, in many ways, Cleveland is the perfect place to maintain health. There are great farmers markets, CSAs to belong to and, accessible farms. In this area, there are so many resources for health if you take advantage of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment