Pages

9.24.2012

Farm Picnic











This weekend, Matt and I spent some time on a farm, enjoying a picnic with new friends.

As I've said before, the proximity of the city to the country in this area is ideal. We drove out of Cleveland and, before long, were passing giant barns and Amish buggies.

It was a gorgeous day that turned into an overcast day that turned into a yucky, rainy, windy day. But when the downpour started, we ran for the barn and took shelter under its knotted rafters. We watched the rain and chatted with a new friend about the beauty of farm life-- the hard work that it requires and the abundant rewards that it gives. 

I love the city. But someday I dream of learning more about farming. Working with my hands all day and going to bed exhausted at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment