Pages

10.17.2012

Letter #7: Grateful

Dear Cleveland,

If I'm completely honest, I don't always love my job.

When I graduated from college, I had no idea what I wanted to do. I thought about teaching, but didn't have a teaching degree. Editing or publishing seemed like they might be a good fit for an English major, but I couldn't seem to find jobs in these fields. 

So I ended up where I am. In a job that is good, by almost any standard, but that isn't my passion.

Recently, I've been trying to make an effort to be grateful for what I have. 

I have a job.

In a time when many don't, I do. I have a way to pay bills and support myself. I have a position that has taught me a lot-- my likes and dislikes, my personality quirks, my strengths and weaknesses. And I have the opportunity to work downtown, which has allowed me to explore Cleveland and get to know the city better.

And so, I am learning to be grateful, Dear Cleveland. I am grateful to be here. I am grateful to be getting to know this city. 


Love, 

Alix

No comments:

Post a Comment