Pages

2.01.2013

Highs and Lows


Lately, I'm struggling with:

long work hours.
a difficult schedule.
an overwhelming amount of things to accomplish, more than seems humanly possible some days.

But I am blessed by so much more.

Beautiful, ice-covered trees and time to appreciate them on my drive downtown this morning.
The prospect of a relaxing weekend.
 A job that provides.
The anticipation of the wheel-throwing lessons that I just scheduled.
Hot beverages that warm my hands and, somehow, my soul.
Wonderful parents who are always willing to listen and offer advice.
A younger brother who respects my opinion and calls to ask me to edit his papers.
The summery taste of citrus fruit on a painfully cold day.
A generous boy who is making dinner for me tonight, just because I've had an exhausting week.


Happy Friday, Friends. What are you grateful for today?

2 comments:

  1. This is like... EXACTLY my life right now. Nice to find your blog : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I've been reading your blog on and off for a while and I've LOVED reading about your time in Russia. Even on the other side of the world, it's nice to read about someone else's experience with graduating from a small school, moving, starting a new job. Thanks for reading and leaving your comment!

      Delete